Monday, November 10, 2008

keep on trucking

This happy orchid will brighten up the dark, dreary impending winter of central ohio.

The end of the quarter is drawing near. This means many things - some good, some stressful. The good is that Ben will be here in two weeks. The bad is that there is lots of work to be done. I am staying reasonably on top of things. My french composition turned out better than I thought. (Apparently I set ridiculously high standards for myself there) I think I did reasonably well on my anthropology midterm today. My theatre class is a cluster fuck...but thats a whole other story.

The Blue Jackets have won three in a row and are 4-0-2 in their last six games. This is an excellent turn around from the few games before that. Steve Mason, our young stud of a goalie, is so exciting to watch! I *really* hope he lives up to his potential. We've had too many first round picks that have turned into busts.

Since I am a super fan of massive proportion, I won a years supply of hot dogs on Wednesday night. Mind you, this is the second time this has happened. Every so often they will have stations in the arena where you can make a sign before the game, and both times I have done this I have won. Great success!! Granted the hot dogs are not my favorite, so I am donating the coupons to a local food bank. Maybe one of these days I will win something more blue jacket-y...like a jersey...or my very own blue jacket.

Me with my sign...although I did get the quote wrong. There is a cannon in nationwide arena that gets fired after ever blue jackets goal.


52 coupons for packages of sugardale hotdogs. Yum...I guess...


Until next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, to be fair, the cannon doesn't REALLY fire...

Hang in there sweetheart, Thanksgiving's coming soon :)

Unknown said...

Ok sweetheart, check out this background.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_102/1164800864pPmGt8.jpg

To change your blog bkgd, go to Layout->Edit HTML-> and look for the line where it says

background:#483521 url("...") repeat;

Maybe you have a different #. Just put the new url into the "" and check it out :)